Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)


Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Research Paper


Finally
I submitted my RP more than a week ago from today. I was very surprised with Miss Dzeelfa for ‘okaying’ both of the template and the organization of my RP right on the first email. Could it be so easy? So I was on the right track though I doubted about myself? I wondered.
Some of the journals and articles I read along the process to produce my RP commented on how Jane Austen’s background, especially of her being unmarried and her failure in a few relationships, affected the way she portrayed relationships in her novels.
I understand perfectly that these comments are from a bunch of great people with great minds and most probably they are right for majority of the readers but I just cannot agree with them. I always believe that every individual has their own situation and sometimes fate sort of play with some people’s life. And I do not think that with Austen being not married has anything to do with the way she wrote because that’s her ways of viewing things and her perspective. 
There’s nothing new about the purposes of marriage in Austen’s novels and in real life. It could be for money, status, love and so on. It depends on individuals’ intentions and how other people interpret a relationship.

1 comment:

  1. It's alright to disagree but i have to share that although i'm no Jane Austen, not even close, my experience do inspire the outcome of my writings. I do write short stories and you can find them published under Pearson Malaysia.

    Writing is an outlet. Ms. Austen may have used it to express how she feels towards the issue of marriage. It is possible, you know. Perspective changes, with age and with experience- good or bad. I'm just saying that those people do have a point.

    It's a pleasure to have mature insights from mature students. It's a break from inexperienced minds that I'm surrounded with.

    ReplyDelete

 

Labels

Autobiography (1) Essay (1) Fables (1) Folktale (1) Legends (1) Letter (1) My Journals (3) Novel (1) Online Tasks (4) Poems (1) Speech (1)
 

Designed By Blogs Gone Wild!